Think[Box] Tour and Team NEO Presentation
Innovation and Job Creation in Northeast Ohio
Thursday, April 7, 2016, 6-7:30 pm
Case Western Reserve University
(Limited to 30 club members; Reservations required)
The Harvard Club of Northeast Ohio will tour CWRU’s “Think[Box]” (http://thinkbox.case.edu/) Thursday, April 7. Think[Box] opened in its facility in October 2015, but it is still expanding. CWRU will ultimately invest $35 million in this “first-in-the-nation effort to combine technically sophisticated machinery and cross-disciplinary creativity with business start-up advice and incubation in a single structure on a university campus.”
Free and open to the public, Think[Box] has enabled users to go from initial concepts to prototypes within days or weeks using the facility's metal and wood shops, laser cutters, 3-D printers, digitally-guided sewing machines and other tools. Think[Box] is already spawning new inventions and start-ups.
Think[Box] manager Ian Charnas will host the tour, which will be followed by a presentation on Think[Box]’s success stories and ambitions.
Expanding on the innovation theme, Bill Koehler (Harvard’87), CEO of Team NEO (http://www.teamneo.org), will present TeamNeo's vision for job creation in Northeast Ohio, including attracting new businesses, helping existing businesses grow, and accelerating the impact of innovation in the region. This talk will emphasize leveraging the value of start-ups through networking with NEOhio's existing deep supply-chain capacity.
• This event costs $10 (includes light refreshments) Click Here for Tickets
• Reservations must be made on the club web site, http://hcnortheastohio.clubs.harvard.edu/events.html
• Space is limited to the first 30 club members who sign up.
• Non-members must join the club on the web site before making reservations, http://hcnortheastohio.clubs.harvard.edu/memsub.html.
• Recommended (pay) parking is at Lot S-53 - Veale Parking Garage, 2158 Adelbert Rd. (near Case’s wind turbine).
• Plan to arrive at the adjacent Veale Athletic Center main entrance by 6pm, where escorts will direct us to Think[Box].
• Presentations will follow in the nearby Glennan Building, Room 313.
• For questions, contact Wyatt Newman, email@example.com