Stan Hywet House Tour
The Harvard Club of NE Ohio is hosting a tour of Stan Hywet Hall on Sunday, December 6th and we hope you’ll join us!
- Lunch and Tour: Sunday, December 6, 12:30 – 3:30 pm
- 12:30 – 1:45 Lunch at Mustard Seed Café Highland Square, 867 W Market St, Akron, OH 44303
- 2:00 - 3:30 Stan Hywet tour immediately following lunch, 714 N Portage Path, Akron, OH
- Tour price: $20 members and their guest (kids 6-17, $8), $28 nonmembers. You may pay for the tour by check or cash at the event.
- Lunch price: Pay on your own for lunch.
Join us as we tour Stan Hywet's Manor house decorated for the holidays. The décor is meant to evoke the warmth of the Seiberlings’ family Christmases in more than 20 rooms in the historic mansion. Antique and vintage toys circa 1900-1917, on loan from Susie’s Museum of Childhood in Carrollton, Ohio, are on display. The display includes an arrangement of Stieff bears, a Humpty Dumpty Circus, a vintage Ferris wheel, metal toys and banks, wood and metal trains, doll houses, doll strollers and Raggedy Ann dolls. Cardboard glittered “putz” houses and miniature nativity villages fill the Library. The table in the kitchen displays a feast of a sumptuous holiday repast.
RSVP to email@example.com. Hope you can make it for this festive holiday tour.
5:30AM - 8:30AM Sun 6 Dec 2015, Eastern timezone
Stan Hywet Hall
714 N Portage Path
Akron, OH 44303 United States
[ Get Directions ]