Welcome to the HArvard Club of Northeast Ohio
From the President...
I am excited and honored to be serving as the President of the Harvard Club of Northeast Ohio again this year. Last year we met our enrollment goal of 150 member, and this year the board hopes to meet a new goal of 175. I hope you’ll join us – not just for our engaging events, but as Club Members. Your membership is vital to the Club’s continuing strength and growth. Every year we host many social events and programs involving education and college awareness. The combination of our events and member dues enable us to pursue the philanthropic pursuits that benefit our region.
Our community outreach continues apace:
- HCNEO donations provided scholarship support to the following Cleveland Municipal School District graduates:
- Ayat Tawil, Garrett Morgan High School- Cleveland State University
- Faith Norris, Whitney Young High School- Cleveland State University
- Nichola McDowell, John Hay Science & Medicine High School- Case Western Reserve University
- HCNEO represents our region in the Harvard Book Prize (now in its 105th year!), recognizing promising Northeast Ohio high-school juniors.
- Our Early College Awareness Program is entering the 4th year of an essay contest, providing scholarship support to high school seniors. And Cleveland Goes 2 College reaches out to area, at-risk middle-school students to encourage their setting going to college as a personal achievable goal.
Please also consider joining our Schools and Scholarships Committee. They interview hundreds of area applicants, helping to link the best of Northeast Ohio’s talent to Harvard.
As you know, we also serve our many members through a wide array of engaging events, including talks by Harvard faculty, behind-the-scenes tours, exclusive talks by local experts (typically, fellow alumni), and presentations on topical events. Beyond such intellectual stimulation, we offer a way for alumni to socialize and connect with fellow alums.
We are proud of our service to the community. Our many planned events for this year will be rewarding and I hope to see you at them – as well as to see your name on our membership roster. Take pride in your Harvard Club and join us!
Julie Agar ‘88